Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
-UE
go to http://webchat.esper.net/ , choose your username, type in #ducksoup, click connect for great IRCing
also, http://velguarder.zonexus.net/pipermail/ducksoup has the mailing list archives

"Who was that?" solution check thread

edited 2011-12-11 18:59:36 in Puzzlers Chat
For the puzzles that this solution check thread is for, please go here.

You probably got here by clicking a link on a puzzle page.  In a real Mystery Hunt, you'd click a similar link (albeit probably at the top of the page), choose a phone number, and then enter your team into a queue for being called by the MH organizers, who would then call your team at the given number and ask you to submit your answer, then spell it out letter by letter.  In Mystery Hunt, all solutions to individual puzzles are words or phrases or sets of one or more letters; spaces don't matter.

(Note: Solutions to metas vary widely and wildly.  Pay attention to the context when deciding what or how to submit.)

But I don't have the resources to make up a phone line just to call your cells, so I'll just have you submit your answers here.  Post your answer, post what puzzle it's for, and I'll confirm it as correct or incorrect.

If you find errata or have other questions about the puzzles themselves, please post in this thread.

Comments

• edited 2011-12-10 22:28:20
    Is the answer to Translating Nonsense ?

Edit: Please put the solution submission in a spoiler format. ~GMH
  • edited 2011-12-10 22:30:07
    @TheJackal: Your answer is

In the actual Hunt, you'd be rewarded with a strikeout line through the puzzle title on the puzzles list.  However, since we're getting other people to solve these puzzles, I'm going to leave it as is.
  • edited 2011-12-13 22:41:31
    I've got two solutions. Class Warfare is MANTREADS and Fugitive Subjects is BLASTER. Those two puzzles intersected with my interests.

Glenn, am I allowed to post how I arrived at these solutions?
  • Yes, you can.  Just put it under toggleboxes.

Your answer for Class Warfare is

Your answer for Fugitive Subjects is
  • edited 2011-12-11 11:03:34
    Oh. Is Class Warfare , then?

Lier X Agerate's answer is . By the way, Glenn, I hate you for that puzzle.

Solution for Class Warfare.

Solution for Fugitive Subjects

Solution for Lier X Agerate

• edited 2011-12-11 18:31:04
    Your solution for Class Warfare is

Your solution for Lier X. Agerate is

Please check the main puzzle set thread for an update.

Do not click the following unless you've solved these puzzles (or just want to read how they were designed):

Commentary on Class Warfare:

Commentary on Fugitive Subjects:

Commentary on Lier X. Agerate:
  • I think you mean
  • edited 2011-12-11 18:31:15
    Yes I do.  Fixed, thanks.
  • edited 2011-12-11 23:22:11
    Is the answer to Appointments ?
  • Your answer is
  • edited 2011-12-12 07:00:22
    Solution to Appointments:

Now I need to figure out how in Translating Nonsense he turned that series of bases into anything even remotely resembling something coherent.

• edited 2011-12-13 03:31:59
    Okay, I've got an idea on the meta. Is it ?

Backwards solving, the solution to Moon Logic puzzle is and the solution to Three Word is

EDIT: Solution for Moon Logic Puzzle:

• Your solution for the metapuzzle is

Your solution for Moon Logic Puzzle is

Your solution for Three Word is
  • edited 2011-12-13 13:12:15
    I'm actually surprised you didn't actually solve Three Word, but solved four other puzzles; I figured Three Word was the grab bag puzzle.

Solution to Three Word:

I could have improved some of the clues, based on some suggestions I got from an experienced puzzler and meatspace friend.

• Mrrrph.

I'm going to be a little miffed if it's because . If it's anything else, then I'm kind of lost.

About Three Word, yes. There were just some connections I couldn't make with the pictures. Part of the problem may have been I don't live in Massechusetts.
  • Re meta:

As for that Three Word clue,

Good work!