It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Cryptic clues, wordplay only according to the flavortext.
1. Stop eating up bovine animal and I can start (8) QUIXOTIC (QUIT around OX backwards followed by IC)
2. Clancy’s rewritten about one (7) CYNICAL (Anagram CLANCY+I (roman one))
3. Hard thick area of skin in the ear (7) CALLOUS? (Sounds like CALUS)
4. Top of recliner covered by brown blanket, mostly (8) TRANQUIL (R in TAN + QUILT-T [mostly=missing a letter])
5. Missing one souvenir that’s damaged (7) NERVOUS (SOUVENIR-I, then anagram)
6. Only Minnesota (6) SOLEMN (SOLE (synonym of only) + MN)
7. Walk around empty area out of bounds, missing nothing (8) PEACEFUL (E inside PACE + FOUL-O[nothing])
8. Ingredient in orange licorice (7) ANGELIC (orANGE LICorice)
9. Good kind of roast, yes? (6) GRUMPY (G+RUMP+Y)
10. Unalert, disturbed (7) NEUTRAL (UNALERT anagram)
11. A musical group, One Direction (8) ABANDONED (A+BAND+ONE+D)
12. Second-rate gambling game (6) POOR