Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
-UE
go to http://webchat.esper.net/ , choose your username, type in #ducksoup, click connect for great IRCing
also, http://velguarder.zonexus.net/pipermail/ducksoup has the mailing list archives

Clever Waste of Time Invasion: Join in on a team

edited 2013-04-19 00:07:32 in Puzzlers Chat

Hi everyone, long time no see. I know we have the MUMS puzzlehunt coming up, but I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in something a little different. It's a web-based team puzzle called the CWoT Invasion:

http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.com/contact/index.php

Basically, the idea is that teams race to solve a series of rounds made up of several webpages linked together by clues. On the la;st webpage of a round, teams are given an instruction to take a picture of something (could be a place, a person, or a thing) to "win" the round. I have participated in the past, and I wanted to see if anyone from Duck Soup would be interested in joining my team, Ova Easy. We are a small team, but I've worked with the people on it before.

Just a couple of things to note:

*The rounds will take place over the course of a few months rather than one weekend or a week, so this will ruun longer than a normal puzzlehunt.

*The "solve path" is not always as clear as in puzzlehunt puzzles, and sometimes intuition and maybe a leap or two will be needed. The nice thing is that you don't have to solve a round EXACTLY as the creator intends (not every page has to be found, random flashes of inspiration are allowed, etc.) to get the points. There is a practice round already up on the forums if you want an idea of how a round may work.

*Ova Easy already has a dedicated page for discussion on the Invasion forum, so we shouldn't need to discuss the Invasion here. We could use this as a secondary base if needed I suppose, but we would have to keep it locked to non-team members for the purposes of competition.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me or stop by the forum I mentioned above and ask there. If you would like to join our team, all you have to do is PM Stiffygal on the forum and tell her you want to join. You are under no obligation to join the Invasion, I just thought we could use a little extra man/womanpower and I thought this would be a nice change from the Puzzlehunts. Thank you.

Comments

• Did the warm up round, and it is very different from the puzzle hunts I'm used to. It's interesting, but I think I'll pass. The warm up round is very quick, though. If you think you might be interested, do check it out. In my mind, though, MUMS takes priority.